If your Rand Mcnally GPS becomes unresponsive for some reason, you need to reset the device. You can do it by turning the device on and off repeatedly although this method is for minor issues. For serious issues, you will have to opt for a hard reset.
How to Reset Rand Mcnally GPS
Rand Mcnally provides information about your vehicle. It shows fuel spent/hour, average fuel economy, oil pressure, boost pressure, and coolant temperature. Due to all these advantages, Rand Mcnally has become a driver-friendly device. The company has been designing products for bikes, cars, and trucks to make sure everyone can reach their destination on time.
To use the product for a long time, you have to update Rand Mcnally GPS. There are different models like Rand McNally TND tablet 80, Rand McNally TND 750, Rand McNally TND 740 & 730. You need to update the right driver for the right device.
And if you don’t update it, you will face some issues that are difficult to solve. The issues are like:
- Rand Mcnally GPS does not turn on
- Rand mcnally truck gps not responding
- The device is frozen
- Rand McNally GPS keeps shutting off
You will have to reset the device to resolve such issues. Like outdoor hiking GPS, and military GPS wristwatch, you need to follow some guidelines. To reset the device, there are some steps you need to follow. Here we will show the necessary steps you will require.
Restart the Device
Usually, you get the red truck GPS splash screen after you switch on the Rand Mcnally GPS. But, there are times when you can’t find it. You come across this feature when you are looking for maps, destinations, or any other settings after you turn on the device for the first time.
The red truck screen sits on for some time and a message pops up saying “Truck GPS is not responding. Do you want to close it?”
In this case, the primary solution is to turn the device on and off repeatedly or you can follow the steps mentioned below.
The Steps to Follow for Resetting and Updating the Driver
- Before trying to reset the device, make sure to turn off the vehicle attached to it.
- Now that the vehicle is turned off, you have to immediately log out from the device. Wait until the screen light up again.
- On the screen, you will find a red button. Press the button for 3-4 seconds. Now the device is going to power off. Wait for the device to completely shut down.
- There is a home button on the lower part of the device. You have to press the button when the device battery is on.
- Keep holding the button until the device is activated. It will take 3-4 seconds.
- Once the device is activated, it will show you a screen where you will find some directions you need to follow.
- After you complete the process, you will find data related to Rand Mcnally on the screen. It’s the login data.
- Feed the knowledge and move on to the next steps to complete the process.
- When the process is done, you will see the device is in plant mode.
- If the device doesn’t respond while restarting, press the power button for 15 seconds to shut the device down. Then turn on the device pressing the power button for approximately 4 seconds.
- Once you restart the device, you will find your device in the reset mode you wanted.
Following this process might fix some minor problems in the device. For serious issues, you need to hard reset or factory reset the Rand Mcnally GPS device.
If the above-mentioned process doesn’t fix your problem, you can hard reset this car GPS.
Steps to Hard Reset Rand McNally GPS
- First, shut down the device. If the GPS device doesn’t shut down normally, press the power button for 10 seconds. The unit will forcefully shut down this way.
- Press and hold the power button at the same time to boot the device into the Engineering Menu.
- Using the volume down button, choose the option of “Android Recovery Mode.” Press the volume up or power button to select the option.
- You will see an Android Robot with a “No Command” sign.
- Hit the volume down and up button simultaneously. You will find the Recovery Menu.
- Using any volume button, choose the “Factory Reset/Wipe Data.” Click the power button to confirm the selection.
- Now that you have chosen the factory reset option, you will find the next window. Select the “Yes-Delete all user data” using the volume button and use the power button to select.
- It will direct to the Engineering Menu and the screen will say the cache and data partitions formatting is done.
- Select the “Reboot System Now” with the volume and power buttons.
Now, wait for your device to finish rebooting. Finally, your device will reboot to factory mode.
Q: Why Does My Rand Mcnally GPS Shut off Automatically?
Ans: If it’s turned off on its own, chances are your device is set to Battery Saving mode. In this case, go to the settings. Go to the General Tab and tap systems settings. Choose the Security and Location and select the High Accuracy mode. You will have to connect the device to a power source.
Q: What to Do if My Rand Mcnally GPS Doesn’t Turn On?
Ans: First, you have to check the power connection. Unplug and replug the cable connections. Ensure that the locking collar is turned. Secondly, check communications. If you see a green light on the left of the home button, then your device is on. In such a case, call Customer Support.
You should always start by trying to restart your device. Go for factory reset or hard reset only when restarting the device doesn’t work. And while you are hard resetting, always back up data from your device. We hope you will be able to reset your Rand Mcnally GPS with the methods mentioned above. Still, if there are issues that you can’t solve, make sure to call Customer Support.